Sweet Pete’s Candy in downtown Jax has 3 stories of amazing candy craziness. One of our favorite things to do is to take people to Sweet Pete’s and go exploring. We look for new candies, bizarre sodas, weird cotton candy flavors and more every time we’re down there. On this week’s visit we decided we’d try to find the nine most bizarre things Sweet Pete’s has to offer. Without further ado here they are:
9. Gummy Pizza– Sold in an actual pizza box gummy pizza is sure to make your loved ones smile.
8. Chocolate bacon pretzels– Savory, sweet, salty, and crunchy all get rolled into one little ball of joy.
7. Chocolate high heels– It’s uncanny how realistic these heels look. $29.50 per heel.
6. A humongous 30 lb. gummy snake– For $130 you can take this serpentine friend home to cuddle up next too.
5. Weird and amazing cotton candy flavors- Chai, Cinnamon, Carrot cake, pumpkin and every fruit you can think of are available!
4. Thanksgiving flavored gumballs– For when you just wish it was November already! Turkey, pumpkin pie, and cranberry gumballs.
3. Buffalo wing flavored soda– This one is a little disturbing…….
2. Gravy candy– The ingredients actually list artificial beef flavor. Gag gift?
1. Pete himself– Who’s more bizarre than Pete? He’s been called the Willy Wonka of Jacksonville but to us he’s The Mad Scientist of Candy.